There is no doubt that 2011 was a difficult year for a lot of us here is Las Vegas, in fact Las Vegas was more or less the poster child for the worst economy in the Nation. While some decided to move on for greener pastures, a lot of us, Par 3 included, call Las Vegas home and are determined to stay here help this city rebound. We didn’t set any new records in 2011 but we did see a little growth in a declining market. We believe this was possible because we offer a great product and put so much focus on customer service- from our recycling facility to our dumpster rentals. We expect excellence from our people and our customers recognize this commitment.
Do you know how long a glass bottle takes to decompose or how much junk mail you throw away? Get these answers and more with our Recycling Fun Facts.
- A used aluminum can is recycled and back on the grocery shelf as a new can, in as little as 60 days.
- An aluminum can that is thrown away will still be a can 500 years from now!
- There is no limit to the amount of times aluminum can be recycled.
- Recycling a single run of the Sunday New York Times would save 75,000 trees.
- The average household throws away 13,000 separate pieces of paper each year. Most is packaging and junk mail.
- Each ton (2000 pounds) of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, three cubic yards of landfill space, 4000 kilowatts of energy, and 7000 gallons of water. This represents a 64% energy savings, a 58% water savings, and 60 pounds less of air pollution!
- A modern glass bottle would take 4000 years or more to decompose — and even longer if it’s in the landfill.
- Mining and transporting raw materials for glass produces about 385 pounds of waste for every ton of glass that is made. If recycled glass is substituted for half of the raw materials, the waste is cut by more than 80%.
- Every year, each American throws out about 1,200 pounds of organic garbage that can be composted.
- A typical family consumes 182 gallons of soda, 29 gallons of juice, 104 gallons of milk, and 26 gallons of bottled water a year. That’s a lot of containers — make sure they’re recycled!
There is no better time to knock out those big projects around the house than right now, the weather is perfect. With the summer heat is behind us, it’s a lot easier to tackle that home or yard project. Don’t let another year go by telling yourself you are going to do it next week or next month, order a dumpster from Par 3 today and get started. Our 20 yard containers are perfect for that heavy material such a concrete, dirt or rock. We have provided dumpsters for customers digging pools, trampoline pits and large landscape projects, the easiest way to dispose of that dirt is in a dumpster. Par 3 also offers 30 and 40 yard containers designed to handle the lighter stuff. Maybe you have a garage that is doubling as a storage unit or a rental property that was left full of junk, with a dumpster on site, you only handle the garbage one time. Give us a call, tell us where you want it and then call us when you are done, it’s that easy. You will save money and time, 10 loads in the pickup truck requires a lot of gas and I think we would all agree that driving back and forth to the dump is not how we want to spend our weekends. Call us today and get started.